Friday, August 7, 2015

Mother Nature can be Cruel

I posted a few days ago about the colored stones I had been using and the "interaction" I was getting.
Later that night as my husband Marty and I were out walking, we found some beautiful Owl feathers. (This owl comes just to the edge of our woods every evening hunting for his dinner. We love to sit and watch as he flies from one end of the trees to the other on his nightly hunting trips.) We took the three owl feathers and placed them on the board too with one small stone holding each feather in place. I was anxious to see what kind of response this got.

The night before last night we had a thunderstorm pass over. The wind and rain were intense. The high winds actually had me concerned about the windows in our sunroom. We are surrounded by such thick woods I am always afraid the wind will send a tree limb crashing through the windows.

My husband Marty went out yesterday to check for any damages. When he came back in he told me it looked like a tree limb had wiped out my small "gifting" area. I went out to see and sure enough a large branch had come down totally destroying my small tree structure along with the board and stones. I managed to find most of the small stones and I lined them back up on the board. Most of the small branches I had used for my tree structure were broken. The rocks I had placed up in the tree were still wedged in place, but I couldn't find any of the owl feathers. Marty drug the big limb out of the way. We did notice this limb had been twisted out of the tree and not just snapped off by the wind.We were both a bit confused by this as there were many smaller limbs that appeared to have just fallen. Marty drug the limb out of the way and I tried to set the stuff back as much as I could. It truly broke my heart as I have put many months into this and was getting small reactions. I was feeling really down and broken hearted, actually feeling like just giving up, when I looked down and saw an ear of corn. As Marty and I looked around we found four more ears of corn! I took each of these ears and lined them up in front of my board as a "gift". I am anxious to get back out there today and see if anything has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment